Admission to Texas States' MSCJ Program is competitive. At a minimum, applicants must have the following:
- A Baccalaureate degree
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on the last 60 upper-division undergraduate credit-hours
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
To apply, submit the following materials to the Texas State Graduate College:
- Completion of an Application for Admission to the Graduate College. There is a $40 application fee ($50 for international applicants). Please Note: Students who change their admission status must pay the fee associated with their application status. Degree-seeking students changing majors and/or seeking multiple degrees are required to complete a new application and pay the $40 fee.
- Online application is available through ApplyTexas
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions
- If you are a Texas State University-San Marcos degree recipient or are currently enrolled, you need to request transcripts from any colleges NOT listed on your Texas State transcript. The Graduate College will provide the Texas State transcripts.
- If you are not a Texas State University-San Marcos degree recipient or are not currently enrolled, one official transcript from each senior-level post-secondary institution attended is required. These transcripts must be mailed directly from the university or college attended or submitted in a sealed university envelope with the university registrar's signature on the back of the envelope.
If you have any questions or concerns contact Dr. Scott Bowman, MSCJ Advisor, by clicking here.
|Fall Semester-Priority||February 15*||February 15*|
|Fall Semester-Standard||June 15||June 1|
|Spring Semester-Priority||August 15*||August 15*|
|Spring Semester-Standard||October 15||October 1|
|Summer||April 15||March 15|
* Submitting your application during the Priority period will allow you to apply for university scholarships.
The Graduate College will continue to process applications received after the deadline for Criminal Justice. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis, with no guarantees for admission.
If you are an international applicant, please visit the International Student webpage for other admission requirements that may apply to this program.
Information about the GRE
Follow the below link to access additional information regarding the GRE