What is Lambda Alpha Epsilon?
We are a professional co-ed fraternity who are interested and focused in a career within the Criminal Justice field. We dedicate ourselves to networking with law professionals, community service, fundraising, and expanding opportunities for our brothers and sisters within the field of Criminal Justice. An example of an opportunity we offer is the honor for our members to practice shooting under the guidance of San Marcos Police Department. We also hold a retreat and banquet every semester to celebrate and enjoy our Lambda Alpha Epsilon family.
How to Join
- Must be a Texas State University student.
- Graduate or Undergraduate
- Must have a minimum of 2.25 Texas State GPA.
- Cannot be joining the same semester that you are graduating.
- Example: if you graduate in December 2017, you cannot join during the spring semester prior to your graduating summer semester.
- Must come to Monday meetings at 5:30 in room 203 in the Hines building.
- Must accumulate 14 hours of community service and 7 hours of fundraising throughout the semester.
- Half of your community service hours as well as fundraising hours must be completed with at least one active member of Lambda Alpha Epsilon.
- Must pay a membership fee of $160.
- Must learn all information presented by the Recruiting Coordinators.
- Must pass the interview process.
- If the majority of Lambda Alpha Epsilon members anonymously vote "yes" for your membership, you are then an active member of Lambda Alpha Epsilon.
- If you do not pay your membership fee before the interview day, you are not allowed to interview.
Officers of Lambda Alpha Epsilon
President: Tessa Draker
Vice President: Jessica Carlton
Secretary: Selena Bailey
Treasurer: Christian Slagle
Historian: Darby Goodson
Sergeant at Arms: Kyle Churchill
If you have any questions about Lambda Alpha Epsilon on how to get started, please contact one or both of our recruiting coordinators.